Monday, December 16, 2013

Growning Up

There are many different styles of parenting in the world. In Chicago you get a taste of all different kinds of parents and it can cause some friction within the society. I was always telling all my friends that my parents were the strictest and that they were always making my life hard. But my parents were so loving and were always there for me. They had rules but I was blind to the fact that they were trying to help me. But I wanted to rebel when they made more rules and that's where I think they went wrong. It was hard to be my own person and do what I wanted when I felt like everything I did was controlled. It made me want to show them that they had no control. So i lied behind their backs for awhile and our relationship was strained. But the last couple years we have worked together and compromised to come to a place in our relationship where we get along so well and can talk to each other and I don't feel the need to lie to them. Compromise is the key!

No comments:

Post a Comment